Scope of Homeopathy Treatment in Allergy and Asthma
Allergy can be of two types, i.e. seasonal allergy and all-time allergy. The seasonal allergy is generally occurred in a specific season. In some particular season the pollens from the trees, grasses, weeds are commonly being more exposed than other seasons. Some persons who are allergic to those pollens, grasses, weeds react abnormally and develop the allergic symptoms.
There are other groups of hypersensitive peoples who react vigorously to the indoor substances like dust mites, mold, cockroaches, animal dander and develop allergic reaction. Even many drugs, climacteric factors, psychological factors also creates allergic induced asthmatic condition to those person.
Common sign and symptoms of allergy and asthma
- There is constant sneezing one after another even more than 30 to 40 times at a time generally occurs in morning time.
- With the recurrent sneezing there is runny nose
- There is tickling and squirming sensation in nose, eyes, ears
- The eyes are red and watery
- Some person feels difficulty in breathing after this sneezing episode
- There are some whistling sound comes during taking breathing which is called wheezing sound
- There is cough sometimes associated with the breathing difficulties
- Shortness of breath
Types of Allergy: Many health disorders are caused by an allergic reaction. The most commons are given below
Allergic bronchial asthma
It is the common chronic inflammatory disease of the airways characterized by variable and recurring symptoms, reversible airflow obstruction, and bronchospasm. Symptoms include wheezing, coughing, chest tightness, and shortness of breath. It is triggered by various allergens or irritants. In allergic asthma, when the airways come in contact with an allergen, the immune system reacts and releases chemicals. These chemicals cause the muscles around the airways to tighten. Inflammation, swelling, and a buildup of mucus in the airways causes further narrowing.
Allergic rhinitis is an allergic inflammation of the nasal airways. It occurs when an allergen, such as pollen, dust or animal dander (particles of shed skin and hair) is inhaled by an individual with a sensitized immune system. It causes sneezing, itchy and watery eyes, swelling and inflammation of the nasal passages, and an increase in mucus production. Many of the same factors that trigger allergic rhinitis can also trigger an allergic bronchial asthma attack.
Urticaria or hives
Urticaria (or hives) is a kind of skin rash notable for pale red, raised, itchy bumps. Hives is frequently caused by allergic reactions; however, there are many non-allergic causes. Most cases of hives lasting less than six weeks (acute urticaria) are the result of an allergic trigger.
Atopic dermatitis is a type of skin rash. The term "atopic" refers to a tendency to develop allergy conditions, and the term "dermatitis" means swelling of the skin. Atopic dermatitis is often referred to as eczema, which is a general term for several types of skin inflammation. People who live in cities and/or dry climates may be more likely to get the condition. Atopic dermatitis usually develops in early childhood and continues into the teen years, but it can affect people of all ages.
Pathophysiology of allergy and asthma
The immune system always protects our body from the foreign invaders that try to get inside our body every time. Our Immune system consists of various cells and organs. They recognize the foreign substances and counter attack them to destroy out. The white blood corpuscles (WBC) are known as a part of the immune system. The T lymphocytes (T cells) and B lymphocytes cells (B cells) of WBC plays the major role in protecting our body from the various allergen and pathogen. The T cells and B cells travels everywhere in our body. They pass across the blood vessels walls and moves in the inter cellular space and roam around. They are busy checking the passports of every cell they encounter. Whenever they discover a cell that seems threatening, they immediately begin countermeasures against it. The T cell when find an allergen (allergen or antigen is a foreign cell or protein carry a surface marker molecule which identify it as an antigen or allergen) get activated and produce some chemical messenger called cytokines. Those cytokines activate the B cell to convert plasma cell. The plasma cell produces the antibodies IgE. The peoples who have an allergic constitution produce more IgE antibodies. The IgE anti bodies attach to the mast on the IgE receptor situated over the surface wall of mast cell. The mast cells are found in various parts of the body like in all mucosal lining, eye, skin etc. Those mast cells contain numerous granular substances called histamine. The allergen or antigen get attach to the IgE antibody over mast cell and stimulate the mast cell to release its histamine content outside the cells. Those histamine granules have the pro inflammatory effect and when they come in contact with the tissue surface initiates the inflammatory reaction. So as a result the symptoms of sneezing, running nose, congestion of eyes are found. The inflammatory reaction also constricts the bronchial airways due to oedematic swelling occur in mucosal surface of respiratory tract. So it creates difficulties in taking the breath. The constriction of bronchial tubes as well as mucous secretion inside it creates a sound while taking breath, which is called the wheezing sound.
All persons does not react adversely when they exposes to those allergens or antigens. But those people whose immune system is hypersensitive can develop these allergic reactions.
Trigger factors that stimulate immune system to become hypersensitive
Scope of homeopathy treatment in allergy and asthma
Allergies are the most common health issues in these days. It is estimated that 40 to 50 percentage of total population of India suffer from some form of allergy in his/her life time. It is the fourth leading chronic diseases after heart diseases, diabetes, and cancer. The common treatment though checks the symptoms, but cannot offer a long term cure to those allergic patients. The long term cure can only be possible if the hypersensitive nature of the immune system is modified or rectified. Homeopathy helps in this regards as because it treats the patient as a whole so corrects the hyperactive immune system to its normal form. For any treatment including allergy the homeopathy treatment target the patient as a whole unlike conventional treatment of specific type treatment. So if a patient takes homeopathy treatment it cures the root cause of the disease so gives a long-term therapeutic effect in comparison to other conventional treatment. In allergy if a person is taking homeopathy treatment it not only gives relief to his acute present health complaints as well as cure the cause of the allergy so offer a long lasting treatment.
- Homeopathy treatment can diminish the hypersensitivity nature of the immune system of the allergy or asthma susceptible person. Thus the allergic reaction and asthmatic condition gradually cures by the proper homeopathy treatment
- A constitutional homeopathy treatment basing upon the physical, mental, psychological, emotional condition can reduce the susceptibility nature of the person to get allergy and asthma frequently by modifying his/her immune system
- The genetically disposition of allergy and asthma patient can also get benefit by proper homeopathy treatment
- The recurrent sneezing symptoms can be controlled effectively by the homeopathy treatment in a short interval of time.
- The acute asthmatic symptoms of difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, can be controlled effectively and instantly by suitable homeopathy medicines and homeopathy nebulising.
- The homeopathy nebulisation is the recent modern advanced homeopathy approach developed by Dr Satapathy that gives a rapid effect in asthmatic patient to control their acute symptoms of shortness of breath, cough and wheezing sound
- The allergic sneezing can also be controlled instantly by the homeopathy medicines with nebulisation
- A long standing allergy or asthma patient can get a cure by proper constitutional homeopathy treatment